Last Updated: April 23, 2019
At Opionato, we recognize that you may be concerned about sharing your personal data. Opionato is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want you to understand how we handle your data.
Opionato wants you to know how your data is collected, used, shared, and protected. The terms “personal data” in this policy include any data Opionato maintains that reasonably can be used to identify you and that relates to your physical, medical, or mental health condition, the provision of service to you, or the payment for such service.
The Data We Collect
The following list describes the types of personal data that Opionato may collect about you:
- Registration. Before you can utilize certain services that Opionato offers on its website, we may ask that you register and provide your email address, a password, your first and last name and other contact and personal data. Opionato requests this data for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of certain services. Opionato may keep this data indefinitely.
- Forms. To fully utilize the services Opionato offers, you may be required to fill out certain forms or questionnaires that will contain personal data such as your name, email address, your health history and lifestyle , and other personal data relevant to your health.
- Medical Records. You may be required to provide Opionato with past and current medical records, a description of your medical history, your laboratory test results, your medications, the identities of other health care providers visited, and descriptions of your life-style.
- Payment. To properly process your service order(s), Opionato will collect your credit card payment information.
- Correspondence. If you correspond with Opionato via email, Opionato may gather in a file specific to you your communication related to any correspondence and/or service obtained through Opionato. We also may periodically record, with your explicit permission, expert phone calls for quality assurance. We may keep this data indefinitely.
- URL, IP addresses and related data. Opionato will collect data about users’ utilization and navigation of its website. This data helps us to design the website to better suit users’ needs. The website may track the URL that you visited from, the URL to which you next go and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address may be used to help diagnose problems with Opionato.com’s server and to administer the website. Your IP address also may be used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic data. Other automatically collected data from your device may include, but is not limited to, your language preferences, your phone number or other unique device identifier (the International Mobile Equipment Identity or the Mobile Equipment ID number), the IP address of your device, the manufacturer, model and operating system of your device, the name and version of our Service you are using, data regarding your browser, and data that allows us to personalize our services. We may also collect data about how you interact with our service such as how many times you use a specific part of the service, the amount of time you spend using a service, how often you use a service, actions you take, and how you engage with Opionato’s service(s).
- Online Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We may employ certain technologies on our website, such as Google Analytics, that enable us to track your online activities on our site over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We do not utilize those technologies for tracking purposes, and offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits by disabling cookies on your browser.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Opionato uses the data collected on the website and its service in a variety of ways that include:
Verifying your identity and administering your account including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
Communicating with you directly about the services or use of service that you requested or inquired about or using promotional emails about services we are promoting.
Providing the requested service you selected and purchased.
Sending you communication on behalf of our experts who may share data about you to each other for optimal service to you.
Fostering quality customer service by providing you customer support, responding to your requests or concerns, working to see that Opionato’s service functions properly for you, and tailoring the service to meet your needs.
Understanding and analyzing user usage trends and preferences to improve our service and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
Detecting, preventing, investigating, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations or misuse of Opionato’s service.
Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of the service, to monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as the total number of visitors and pages viewed, and to track your entries, submissions, and status of activities on the service.
When and How We Share Your Data
Opionato will not share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose any of the personal data that we collect about you that is not anonymized. This means that we remove any details by which you could be personally identified.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in connection with the provision of the service or as required by law and this may include:
- Opionato’s third-party service providers that provide services such as website development, hosting, maintenance, survey or review functionality, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, payment, and other related services.
- Health fertility experts to fulfill appointments and provide services. Opionato services are confidential and secure but may not be anonymous. Opionato health expert contractors will be able to view part of your profile (including your name, date of birth, location, and health data) while your personal contact data will not be disclosed.
- Third parties, as Opionato believes necessary, appropriate, and required to detect, prevent, investigate and/or respond to user inquiries, payment disputes, actual or potential fraud, intellectual property infringement, liability claims, misuse or violations of services; protection of confidentiality, abuse, unlawful uses, and/or security of Opionato records or service integrity and any facilities and/or equipment used to make the service available; investigation and defense against any third-party claims or allegations; protection of Opionato’s property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of Opionato’s agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Third parties as required to detect and/or investigate potential illegal activity or to comply with court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes. Opionato reserves the right to release data that is collected to law enforcement or other government officials, as Opionato, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate and without your prior consent.
We may disclose as an aggregate your not identifiable personal data to third parties such as:
- Other companies to better understand the offers, promotions, health and wellness benefits, and types of advertising that are most appealing to Opionato customers.
- Existing or potential business partners, affiliates, sponsors or regulators as part of further product development providing group demographic and preferences data, responses to surveys, and other data.
Opionato may also disclose your data as may be described in a notice to you at the time the data is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
How We Keep and Safeguard Your Data
Opionato will retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and no less than the legally required period. Opionato will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Your Options for Updating, Correcting, and Deleting Your Data
You may update, correct, or delete your profile data and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the website or emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, Opionato may retain original and updated data for reasons such as technical constraints, dispute resolution, troubleshooting, agreement enforcement, satisfaction of legal obligations or where Opionato otherwise reasonably believes to have a legitimate reason to do so.
The website has security measures in place that are intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration of data under Opionato’s control. Opionato, however, cannot guarantee that data stored on its site will never be accessed by persons without authority to access.
Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Opionato via the website by internet, text message or email cannot be guaranteed. You should keep in mind that the website and our services are run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond Opionato’s control. If you have reason to believe that the security of your account has been compromised, please notify Opionato immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Use By Minors
Opionato service is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable data from persons under 18 years old. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use or access the website at any time or in any manner. If Opionato learns that personally identifiable data of persons younger than 18 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then Opionato will take the appropriate steps to delete this data. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has obtained an Opionato account, then please alert Opionato at the address below and request that your child’s personal data be deleted from Opionato’s systems.
Users Outside the United States
The service is hosted in the United States and as such Opionato’s collection, use, and disclosure of your data is governed by U.S. law. Opionato does not represent or warrant that its service is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction or that your decision to access the website or to use its services is lawful in your jurisdiction. If you choose to access or use the service from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk. You acknowledge that the service is subject to U.S. law. Likewise, if you choose to use the service from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any data, including personal data, on or to the service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing, and you represent and warrant that doing so does not violate any applicable non-U.S. law or regulation.
Opionato’s website may include links to other websites and services provided by third parties whose privacy practices may differ from Opionato’s. If you submit personal data to any of those sites, your data is governed by applicable law and privacy statements. Opionato does not control and is not responsible for the content or privacy or security and policies of third party sites. Opionato encourages you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable data to us, you may request information once per calendar year about Opionato’s disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or you may ask Opionato to refrain from sharing your data with third parties for marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted in writing using the email address in the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you receive commercial emails from Opionato, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email, by emailing us at [email protected], or by writing to the address provided at the end of this policy. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from Opionato, it may take up to ten business days to process your request. You may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that ten day period. Please note, however, that even if you opt out, Opionato may still send you service-related communications.
912 Cole St # 360
San Francisco, CA 94117